Thursday, February 7, 2013

Everything happens for a reason

Hello All!  Been a long time since I have blogged for that I am sorry.  There are so many things going on in my life so I decided to get my thoughts on paper.  At the end of last year, I lost my job at the doctor's office I worked for.  Happy New Year to me, right?  While this was devastating to me since I loved what I did, it has been a tremendous blessing.  At the time that I lost my job, I had been sick for a week with the crude that everyone else in Columbia had.  Loosing my job gave me a chance to get better and spend time with my 6-year-old son who was on Christmas break from school.  What working mother wouldn't love being able to do that?  After working full time for 12 years, I am now looking for a PART TIME job due to Jamie's schedule and the extra help he requires due to his apraxia.  I am so excited about this!  I am busy looking for a job but due to it being the beginning of the year,  looking for something part time, and the economy being SLOW,  I haven't found very much.  I am very hopeful though that the right door will open and I won't have to take something just so I can say I have a job and am bringing home a paycheck. 
Another thing that I am really feeling led to do is go back to school.  Some of you are probably saying, "why do you want to go back to school? You already have a degree."  My degree is in Social Work but my last 2 work experiences in that field were so horrible and discouraging that I don't think I want to do it anymore.  For the past 4 years, I have worked as a receptionist.  While I love working with people and everything, do I really want to be a receptionist for the rest of my life?  NO I DON'T!  I, by NO MEANS, am putting down being a receptionist but I WANT MORE.  I don't want to be telling Jamie to go after his dreams, never give up, or settle for something less that what he really wants when I've done the same thing.  Sometimes when I look at a possible career,  I think "I can't do that.  I'm not qualified.  I'm not smart enough. People will laugh at me."  Today I am beginning to feel encouraged as to a possible new career. Am I scared?  YES VERY!!!  Do I think it will be very hard work?  YES but I am older now and I will take my studies more much seriously than I did when I was in my 20s.  I am not going to go into what possible career I am looking into yet.  That is another blog post for another time. 
All I need right now is PRAYERS!!!  Words of encouragement are welcome too:) 

Until next time.....

Love,
Dana

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I don't know how "kids" are expected to choose a career at 20 something years old! I'm 34 and still find it hard to narrow down a major! Good luck!