Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life.....

Well, I know I haven't posted in a while and it was one of my New Years resolutions to begin posting more often. Well, I felt the need to post. As many of you know, Lee got laid off from his job right before Thanksgiving. We felt like it was coming since his business had been slow. Well, we made it thru the holidays and they were WONDERFUL!!! Just enjoyed being with one another and with our family and friends. After the holidays, I returned to work at FloStor. The office was closed for the holidays since many of the people I work with travel to see family. Well, I ended up getting laid off from my job January 13th. I knew that it was coming since our business has also been slow but thought they would close the office down before they laid anyone off. I honestly thought my job was safe though since I was the receptionist. I loved the people that I worked with so much!!!! Even though they drove me crazy sometimes we were like family!!! They were really good to me and I hope to find a wonderful company like that to work for again someday!
Lee and I are sticking together because that is the only way we can get thru this. I am not mad at him for anything. The economy is just so bad right now and I know we are not the only ones who are struggling. Jamie, my precious little boy, keeps me going. His laughter and smile make me smile even though I don't know what the future holds. One thing I am sure of is that God is going to get us thru this. I don't care if we have to sell everything we own to keep our house-I would gladly do it. All I need is my family.
Some friends recently gave us a gift. I am not going to mention any names but they truly showed us God's love. Lee and I know that they are struggling themselves but we were touched by their generosity. We are so blessed to have them in our lives-they have been there for us numerous times.
Well, it feels really good to get some things off my chest so I think I am going to start posting more. Continue to pray for the 3 of us and remember other people who have lost their jobs or have been laid off. If you have a job, take it from me BE GLAD THAT YOU HAVE ONE!!!! I have a temp job right now in the Cool Springs area, this week will probably be my last week. Pray that something else opens up for me and that Lee and his dad will go back to work this week!!!:)

Until next time.......

No comments: